For gamma radiation
Tabletop Shields provide protection while working with low energy gamma radioactive materials. The shields are designed to resist tipping and incorporate shielding overlap. They also include a built-in stainless steel tray with spill proof lip for fast, contained clean up. The Mini Tabletop Shield possesses all the features of the Standard Tabletop Shield and is used where work space is limited.
The front walls of the shields are constructed of .5" thick (1.2 cm) lead to protect the torso. A 4.36 density, .3125" thick (.8 cm) lead glass window allows unimpaired viewing of the work area. A second lead glass window providing a total of 4.0 mm lead equivalency is optional. An optional lead side shield adds an extra measure of protection. Another option is an additional .125" thick (.30 cm) lead for the bottom of either shield. Manufactured to be durable, the shields are framed in cast aluminum with a powder-coat finish.
- Constructed of lead and lead glass
- Integral stainless steel tray with spill proof lip
- Optional bottom and side shields available
- Lead Shielding: .5" thick (1.2 cm)
- Dimensions: See drawings featured.
- Viewing Panel: 2.0 mm or 4.0 mm equivalency lead glass window
- Nominal Thickness: .31" thick (7.8 mm)
- Finish: Powder coat
- Shipping Weight:
042-216: 110 lb (57 kg)
042-218: 15 lb (7 kg)
042-016: 40 lb (18 kg)
042-018: 12 lb (5.5 kg)
017-121: 11 lb (5 kg)
017-810: 6 lb (2.7 kg)
- Lead Shielding: .25" thick (.64 cm)
- Dimensions: See drawings featured
- Shipping Weight: 50 lb (23 kg)
Click for a larger view