|Print this page | Global Medical Solutions - Home|
|NEW PET-CT Phantom
The PET-CT PhantomTM includes internal structures (three rods and six spheres) which, when imaged with both modalities, can demonstrate how accurately the two image sets are aligned.
In addition, a single sample of radioactive water is attenuated by water, bone and CT contrast material (as well as air only) to determine how accurately the CT-based PET attenuation correction works.
The Phantom is used for:
– Acceptance testing of PET/CT and SPECT/CT systems
– Routine quality evaluation of PET/CT and SPECT/CT systems
– Evaluation of new image fusion software
– Evaluation of new attenuation correction algorithms
– Aluminum tubes are for registration
– The outer 2" OD micro cylinder is for comparing attenuation region to non attenuation region
– The 6" ring is for contrast solution
Click for a larger view