Small three range Ratemeter with separable 2''
diameter pancake probe. Reads out in counts
per minute ( and mR/hr). Thin probe window is
recessed and protected by sturdy stainless steel
grill. Instrument will see alpha, beta and gamma
radiation. Anti-saturation circuit will not fall
below full scale in high fields. Tested to 100
R/hr. Sonalert with volume control gives audible
APPLICATION: Its small size, light weight,
separable probe and large detector area make
this a very useful monitor for surveying bench
tops or checking hands, clothes and fingertips
for almost any radioactive contamination.
- Light Weight
- One Hand Operation
- Detachable Pancake Probe
- Built-In Sonalert with Volume Control
- Anti-Saturation Circuit
- Meter: Ruggedized 2 1/2'' meter.
- Ranges: 3 ranges, linear - 0-500; 0-5,000; 0-50,000; cpm
(0-.15, 1.5, 15 mR/hr).
- Switch Position: Off, Battery Test, X100, X10, X1.
- Audio: Sonalert with volume control.
- Detector: T-1190 2'' diameter (5cm) ``pancake GM''
tube. Window Diameter: 1 3/4''; 4.5 cm. Window
Thickness: 1.5 mg/cm2. Quench Gas: Halogen for long
life. Background: Typical 50 cpm. Thin profile of tube
(13mm) gives low background. Efficiency: 100% for all
betas and alphas that have sufficient energy to penetrate
the thin window.
- Physical Dimensions: 3''; 7.6 cm wide x 5 1/4'' W; 13.3
cm long x 2 1/4''; 6 cm thick (excluding probe, meter,
- Calibration: Single master calibration pot as well as
individual cal pots for each scale.
- Power: 9 volt nominal ``transistor'' battery; Eveready
- Weight: Electronics only: 22 oz.; 625 gm. Total:
including separable pancake probe 34oz.; 0.97 kg.
- Battery Life: 100 hours in normal operation.
Click for a larger view