Small Digital Ratemeter with separable 2”
diameter pancake probe. Reads out in mR/hr
(Optional mSv/h or cpm/cps. Thin probe
window is recessed and protected by sturdy
stainless steel grill. Instrument will see alpha,
beta and gamma radiation. Anti-saturation
circuit will not fall below full scale in high
fields. Tested to 100 R/hr. Sonalert gives audible
APPLICATION: Its small size, light weight,
separable probe and large detector area make
this a very useful monitor for surveying bench
tops or checking hands, clothes and fingertips
for almost any radioactive contamination.
- Light Weight
- One Hand Operation
- No Range Switching
- Detachable Pancake Probe
- Built-In Sonalert
- Anti-Saturation Circuit
- Read-out: Rugged 6 digit display.
- Ranges: 0.01 to 100 mR/hr, no range switching.
- Battery Test: Push button.
- Audio: Sonalert.
- Detector: T-1190 2” diameter (5cm) “pancake GM”
- Window Diameter: 1 3/4”; 4.5 cm.
- Window Thickness: 1.5 mg/cm
- Quench Gas: Halogen for long life.
- Background: Typical 50 cpm. Thin profile of tube
(13mm) gives low background.
- Efficiency: 100% for all betas and alphas that have
sufficient energy to penetrate the thin window. (See
attached graph pg. 2)
- Physical Dimensions: 3”; 7.6 cm wide x 5 1/4” W;
13.3 cm long x 2 1/4”; 6 cm thick (excluding probe,
meter, and handle).
- Calibration: Single master calibration pot as well as
programable calibration factor.
- Power: 6 “AA” cells.
- Weight: Electronics only: 22 oz.; 625 gm.
- Total: including separable pancake probe 34oz.; 0.97
- Battery Life: 100 hours in normal operation (Longer
with Li or NiMH Battery).
Click for a larger view