The Digilert 50 measures alpha, beta, gamma, and xradiation.
Its digital display shows readings in your
choice of counts per minute (CPM) or mR/hr, or in
accumulated counts. A red LED flashes and beeper
sounds with each count detected. An audible alert
sounds when the radiation reaches a user set alert level.
- Detector: Halogen-quenched uncompensated GM tube
with thin mica window 1.5-2.0 mg/cm2 thick.
- Display: 4-digit liquid crystal display with mode
indicators; Updates every 60 sec.
- Operating Range: ěR/hr: .001 to 50 mR/hr (c's -137);
CPM: 0 to 50,000; Total - 1 to 60,000 counts;
Optional- ěSv/hr .01 to 500
- Energy Sensitivity: Detects alpha down to 2.5 MeV;
typical detection efficiency at 3.6; MeV is greater than
80%; Detects beta at 50 keV with typical 35%
detection efficiency; Detects beta at 150 keV with 75%
typical detection efficiency; Detects gamma and x-rays
down to 10keV typical through the window, 40 keV
minimum through the sidewall of the detector; Normal
background is approx. 10-20 CPM; Gamma Sensitivity:
- Accuracy: 10% Typical + maxim
- Alert: Pulsating beeper sounds at exceeded alert
threshold. User adjustable alert elves are used for
mR/hr and CPM
- Count Light: Red LED flashes with each count
- Beeper: Sounds with each count (can be muted)
- Outputs: Dual miniature jack sends counts to CMOS
compatible devices including computers, data logger,
and educational data collection systems. Submini jack
provides audio output to an external earpiece, amplifier
or tape recorder.
- Anti-Saturation: Readout to hold at full scale in high
radiation fields as high as 100 times the maximum
- Temperature Range: -10° to +50°C, 14° to 122° F
- Power: One 9-volt alkaline battery. Battery life is
2000 hours typical at normal background
- Size: 150 x 80 x 30 mm (5.9" x 3.2" x 1.2")
- Weight: 225 grams (8 oz) including battery
- Includes: 1 year limited warranty, CE mark, carrying
Click for a larger view